One of the luxuries - yes, luxury - a winter offers is a sweet and tasty pomegranate. Yeah, peeling off its skin is a bit tough task, but what you get in return is worth it - and you know that!
Pomegranate contains dietary fiber, protein and potassium with vitamin K and vitamin C. The health benefits of pomegranate are abundant and proven.
Now that you're aware of the benefits of pomegranate, we are going to give you 3 pomegranate recipes, which will add a new look to your meal.
Heads up! First recipe will take some time; the other two are “fast and furious”!
1) Grilled Lamb Leg With Pomegranate Molasses
1 hour 20 minutes for grilled lamb
1 hour 30 minutes for pomegranate molasses
4-5 pounds of boneless lamb leg, rolled and tied
Half-cup pomegranate molasses (another cup for serving)
For pomegranate molasses: 4 cups of pomegranate juice, half cup sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions For Pomegranate Molasses
1) Place pomegranate juice, sugar and lemon juice in a 4 quart saucepan on medium heat.
2) During heating, stir regularly, until you see that the sugar is totally dissolved.
3) Now, gauge the heat at medium-low and cook for approximately 70 minutes. Remove it from the heat when you can see that it’s a thick-like syrup.
4) Place it in a jar and let it cool.
5) After that, you can store it in refrigerator for upcoming use.
Directions For Grilled Lamb Leg With Pomegranate Molasses
1) Preheat your heating grill at 375 degrees F
2) Pick out the lamb and brush all of its sides with pomegranate molasses you made.
3) Roll the lamb piece and use butcher’s twine for holding it.
4) Place it at indirect heat for 15 minutes.
5) Brush it again with pomegranate molasses.
6) Now, turn the lamb at ¼ ratio and cook for 15 minutes.
7) Brush again with pomegranate molasses.
8) Keep doing it until all the turns are finished.
9) Let it cool for 10 minutes.
10) Slice and serve!
2) Granola Bowl With Pomegranate Seeds, Coconut and Pears
Half-cup of coconut milk or milk
A quarter teaspoon of vanilla extracts
1 medium pear (chopped)
2 tablespoons of pomegranate seed (but you can take more if you want!)
2 tablespoons of toasted coconut pieces
1 tablespoon pumpkin seed roasted
A smidge of cinnamon
1) It’s pretty straightforward. Mix coconut milk or simple milk with vanilla and cinnamon.
2) Now, mix granola and pear with it.
3) Use pomegranate seeds, coconut pieces and pumpkin seeds as topping.
3) Feta And White Bean With Pomegranate
14.5 oz. can of cannelloni beans
half-cup of crumbled feta
2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoons of parsley
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
a quarter-cup of pomegranate seeds
Salt and pepper
Pita chips (will be used for serving)
1) Strain beans, feta, Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice and salt & pepper in a blender.
2) Pour the mash on a serving plate and use pomegranate seeds and parsley as topping.
3) Use more olive oil and salt & pepper according to use taste.
4) Serve it with pita chips. Enjoy!
There you go! The taste of pomegranate with different meals will make your day. Make it at a festive dinner celebration and impress your guests :)