Lime Detox Smoothie
- ½ cup chopped and seeded cucumber
- 1 small avocado
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup water
- 3-4 ice cubes
Place all ingredients, except the ice in a high-speed blender (I like the Vitamix) and process until smooth and creamy. Add the ice and process again. Serve cold.
Holiday Detox Green Apple Smoothie
- 1 banana (or half is plenty if you're watching sugar)
- 1-2 cups kale, stems removed
- 1 cup apple cider (no sugar added - just the real stuff)
- 1 cup water or ice
- optional extras: flaxmeal, nuts (I used pecans), nut butter
- dash of cinnamon
- pomegranate seeds for topping
Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Use water for a juice-like texture and ice for a smoothie-like texture. Add in any extras you want for extra protein, fiber, or healthy fats.
Stir in a dash of cinnamon, top with pomegranate seeds, and enjoy!
The smoothie naturally separates a bit after it rests, so you may find that there is a layer of foam and kale-textured-stuff on the top. You can either stir to reincorporate it, eat it, or skim off the top to remove. I would also suggest eating the pom seeds before sipping up the drink since because they will get stuck in the straw which can drive some people *points to self* completely crazy.
Green Detoxing Smoothie
- 1-very unripe banana
- 1-one large pear and or green apple
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of romaine lettuce or I prefer KALE
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1-cup of celery
- Organic honey or I prefer Truvia (natural sweetener) to sweeten
- 1 cup of very cold water
All About the Berries Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups Berry Mix (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Purified Water
- 1/8 cup rolled oats
Instructions: Blend everything together until you reach a smoothie consistency. The beauty of berries is their easy prep. Fresh berries need a rinse before going in, while frozen you just pop right in. When detoxing, organic produce is always recommended.
Golden Detox Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 2 Tbsp honey greek yogurt
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- ½ c. fresh pineapple
- ½ c. fresh squeezed orange juice
- ½ c. water
- ice cubes (optional)
Thoroughly mix all ingredients together in a blender and pour into a glass. Yields one serving.
Source : favfamilyrecipes.com